Please read the below carefully as the process for registering has changed.
- In order to become an authorized user of the NM PMP you will need to be one of the following:
- A New Mexico licensed Practitioner
All Practitioners prescribing Controlled Substances are required to have an account with the PMP
- A registered Pharmacist in the state of New Mexico
All Pharmacists are encouraged to have an account with the PMP.
- A Delegate of the above
Up to 4 delegates per Practitioner/Pharmacist is permitted
- A Law Enforcement or Regulatory Board agent vetted by the PMP to warrant access.
- If you are a Practitioner, before submitting your registration, please note that you will need the following:
Exception #1: If you are a licensed NM Practitioner and have chosen not to prescribe Controlled Substances and therefore have neither a DEA number nor a Controlled Substance license, you may still submit a registration for access to the PMP, but an account is not required. Select Practitioner without DEA as your “role” when registering.
- A New Mexico Controlled Substance License
- Wait until you have this before you continue as we will deny your registration without it.
- PMP registration is required before a Controlled Substance License is renewed.
- Your DEA Number
Exception #2: If you are a licensed Practitioner in another state but don't have a NM license, however you do treat patients in New Mexico (for instance you practice within 30 miles of the border or you work for the VA, IHS or the Military), mark N/S for NM Controlled Substance #.
- If you are registering to be a Delegate of a Practitioner:
- First have the Practitioner fill out this PMP Agent Authorization Form and fax it to the board of pharmacy.
- Submit your registration as described below.
- How to Register: REGISTRATION TUTORIAL - PMP Registration Tutorial
- Taking into account the above information, fill out the online registration form at
- You must complete the web based course "The New Mexico PMP: Program Information and How to Use" before your registration will be approved.
- You also need to send to the NM State Board of Pharmacy the
PMP Registration Identity Confirmation form
along with a copy of your NM Driver’s License (or similar Government/State Issued ID).
Note that it takes up to 2 weeks to process your registration.
Upon completion, you will be notified of your account approval or rejection.
- Incomplete registrations will be deleted after 2 weeks.
Please remember that only authorized account holders can access the NM PMP.
Sharing login information is a violation of both federal and state regulations.